Join now - be part of our community!

Why is my tablet rebooting?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Hostthedog
Visitor

Why is my tablet rebooting?

Hi all

Received a new Sony Tablet S 32GB last night, and for a couple of hours all was hunkydory, and a great new experience for me as an Android novice.  Various software updates were applied without adverse effect.

However, this morning it refused to connect to our wireless network, and it appeared to reboot (swirly screens) within about 30 seconds of unlocking.  This happened repeatedly, and I used the reset button but to no avail.

Has anyone got any suggestions?  I haven't got it with me now but can try out this afternoon.  If all else fails, I shall have to return it to John Lewis tomorrow :smileysad:.

Thanks in advance,

Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

In that case, you might want to have a read here - https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/699803#699803

This has already been noted and looks like it is being looked into.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Sounds unusual. Have you tried a software reset including clearing USB memory via the Settings menu rather than the reset button?

Hostthedog
Visitor

Turns out it is not rebooting, but shutting the screen down. However this effectively shuts down the tablet in the middle of any changes I try to make, very frustrating.

Have now twice reset to factory defaults, and it is currently fine but am afraid that it will recur when it next loses the wifi signal from my modem/router. I turned it off as a test after the first successful reset, and when it was turned on again, the symptoms recurred.  Boo:smileyangry:.

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

In that case, you might want to have a read here - https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/699803#699803

This has already been noted and looks like it is being looked into.