Join now - be part of our community!

Why is wireless N network "not in range" whilst wG is fine on new Netgear router

profile.country.GB.title
emtette70

Why is wireless N network "not in range" whilst wG is fine on new Netgear router

Just bought a new Netgear WNDR4500 wireless N router. It also has B+G network capabilities which the Sony S sees with no problem on a secure connection.

it's just the 5G open or secured connection that it doesn't connect to and gives the settings message "not in range".

I'm testing the 5G connection in the same room in the 5G works fine on a laptop also in the same room.

Does the Sony have an issue with "A/N" wireless routers upto 450mbps, as opposed to "N" older routers upto 217mbps as that is the only thing I can think of unless somebody has any other ideas?

The only other thing I can think of is which channel the Sony would use to see the router broadcasts on. I have the choice of channels 38, 40, 44, 48 on 5G, which don't make a difference when I test on any of them.

so I'm now wondering whether wireless N radio was broken on my Sony and how can I test the radio to tell?

Any help appreciated

Message was edited by: emtette70

Message was edited by: emtette70

0 REPLIES 0