Join now - be part of our community!

Wi-Fi Disconnection Policy Bug

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Dunhamzzz
Visitor

Wi-Fi Disconnection Policy Bug

I can confirm with various others that there is a bug on the latest 3.2 release (at the very least, maybe earlier) where when the Wi-Fi disconnection policy in Settings > Wireless and Networks > Wifi is set to never, the wifi will still disconnect when the screen turns off. This causes obvious problems with syncing and streaming music and many other things, so needs to be fixed asap.

Time for Sony to show us how dedicated they are to this device and put out a hotfix :slight_smile:

Tags (3)
23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

Supposedly, based on reports in th XDA forum on the tablet s,

factory reset cured it for many users, but not all.

update of the account manager app triggers the bug to reinitiate for some users,

and reset of the tablet cured it again.

I hope to cure the bug on my tablet when account manager gets released in my region.

It would be good to investigate this bug versus the region from where it gets reported.

profile.country.tr_TR.title
eeken80
Visitor

I have the same problem with 3.2.1

GeoffNT
Visitor

I have just done the recent update, but still have the Wifi disconnection bug. I have it set to "never disconnect" yet as soon as the screen goes off it disconnects. This is a real pain, as I want it keep up to date with email etc, surely a fix should have been included in the update? Come on Sony, what's going on??!!!

IanIreland
New

I have the same problem.:smileysad:

mpattenden
New

Hi have you tried the advanced wifi lock app from the marketplace?

There is a free version to test - you'll also see quite a few sony tablet users saying it works - I have to say it appears to work when I use music unlimited and the screen goes off.

hth

Padster

Mark-B
Visitor

Why hasn't this been fixed yet?

raaaaaymond
Visitor

I have the same problem. Adroid 3.2.1 (release 2), Linux kernel 2.6.36.3. Please someone fix this soon!

bahobbs45
Visitor

I have the same issue running 3.2.1 Kernel 2.6.36.3 Build 1

aph485
Visitor

this may not work for all, but it has for me so far... touch wood. wifi analyser from farproc on marketplace  has done the job for me. hope this works.

Message was edited by: aph485

Message was edited by: aph485 Ouch, kicked my right in the gonads.. stopped after posted that, but I must say it remained connected for about 7 hours over 6 days without problems. Cannot explain it, but there you go.

IanIreland
New

I was having issues. I told the tablet to forget the WiFi and then reconnected, re-enterng the wep key. It is now fine.