Join now - be part of our community!

Wi-Fi Disconnection Policy Bug

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Dunhamzzz
Visitor

Wi-Fi Disconnection Policy Bug

I can confirm with various others that there is a bug on the latest 3.2 release (at the very least, maybe earlier) where when the Wi-Fi disconnection policy in Settings > Wireless and Networks > Wifi is set to never, the wifi will still disconnect when the screen turns off. This causes obvious problems with syncing and streaming music and many other things, so needs to be fixed asap.

Time for Sony to show us how dedicated they are to this device and put out a hotfix :slight_smile:

Tags (3)
23 REPLIES 23
stowball
Visitor

I experience a different bug in that the Wi-Fi Disconnection Policy setting is often forgotten, and changes to a previously used option.

I did have it set to "Never" for a while, but since 3.2.1 I've been testing out when the screen is off, but I'll often go back and check the settings to find that it's changed back to "Never".

It just did it again! It's really frustrating.

daveydave
Visitor

Omar,

What is happening with this? I too have the same problem and do not expect these kind of issues from a £350 tablet.

I should have bought an iPad.

Have to software team accepted there is an issue and working on a hotfix?

Dave

FlyingFoxie
Visitor

Hi, I have recently had my tablet 'fixed' by Sony as it kept shutting down and restarting by itself. Since I got it back (with a new motherboard I believe) I know have this issue (plus a few others including  the keyboard sensitivity). I can live with the keyboard issue, but definately not with the wifi disconnecting as I use my tablet to stream internet radio to my sound system. It is extremely annoying, please can we have an update as to when this will be fixed?

daveydave
Visitor

The lack of response from Sony is unacceptable .

Not so much as a "guys...we recognise there is a problem, we are looking at it and will keep you posted."

Poor from a company like Sony .