Join now - be part of our community!

xperia tablet s sd card writing

profile.country.en_GB.title
dextrious
Explorer

xperia tablet s sd card writing

I have read that the xperia tablet s cannot write to the sd card but only reads from it,is this true?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.el_GR.title
akisstam
New

No its not true u can move your films music your personal media but not applications but dont blame sony for that its all android devices <<bug>>!So u CAN write on sd card.

profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

this is about the external sdcard, i.e. sdcard2 that you mount yourself in the slot

The way Sony has organised their installation of the Android system,

you can not write from the tablet to the sdcard from most apps:

the external sdcard2 has different read-write-rights assigned than the internal sdcard1

You can move files between sdcard2 and internal storage (sdcard1) with Sony's File Transfer app.

Also some file manager apps can write new files on it directly, but most apps cannot 'write/change' existing files on sdcard2 (no editing a text file when you parked it overthere...)

Contrary to the post above: this is NOT the case on all android 4.x.x systems, and this was not the case when the tablet was just released before the updates to android 4.x.x

if you talk about installing apps themselves on sdcard2:

that is also impossible and (i believe) this is the case on all Android systems (unless they are heavily modded).

You can install on  (or move to) sdcard1, but you may have problems with the icons appearing on your  homescreen after reboots then.