Join now - be part of our community!

XZ Premium issue - resetting connection on 4G

XZ Premium issue - resetting connection on 4G

My XZ Premium phone has an annoying issue. Whenever I allow the phone to use the internet with 4G connection, it keeps losing or resetting the connection completely, to where I also can't make phonecalls. It'll have a working phone and internet connection for a few seconds to a minute or so, then it disappears completely and it reconnects after a bit. This happens over and over.

This doesn't happen when allowing only 3G to be used, and the provider's area coverage is great for both 3G and 4G, so that isn't the issue either (it happens wherever I am). Same provider doesn't have this issue on my partner's iphone, and I had a new SIM sent to make sure that wasn't the issue either.

Is my phone's antenna screwed? Any other possible causes? I've had this phone for 2 years now, but aside from the 4G issue it is still in really good condition. 

It says it has the latest system updates installed, and is using android version 9.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

hello @LoreWalker 

I assume you have set the network type to 4G only? instead of 4g (preferred).. ?

since you already did most of the possible troubleshooting, can you try to boot to safe mode by long pressing the power off option, and browse the internet with the 4g only as network type, does the problem still occur?

i know this might be a hassle , but have you tried another provider simcard?