Join now - be part of our community!

Left click and touch-tap not working, touchpad moving seems to work.

SOLVED
profile.country.ro_RO.title
d3xt3r01.tk
Visitor

Left click and touch-tap not working, touchpad moving seems to work.

Hey people....

I have a problem .. after less than 3 days of purchasing a sony vaio vpcf13m1e the left click ( hardware button ) stopped working, so did the left click of the touchpad ( software/driver button ) .. right click is ok .. moving the mouse using the touchpad is ok .. so is the scroll up/down left/right ...

Like the manual said I did create the restore disks when I got it home ( it was the first thing I did ). Tried using those ( it formated everything .. that's ok I guess ) and still .. the problem remains .. If not even the copy they restore doesn't make it work .. I guess I should go back to the store .. any other ideas ?

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.ro_RO.title
d3xt3r01.tk
Visitor

again (my vpcf13m1e) .. 2nd time in 1 year .. the same freakin' problem. I'm sure it's not a driver issue ( nor was the last time ) because I run windows/linux ( dual-boot ). I also tried restoring the laptop to factory OS/setup, nothing.

Sent back to the repair service.

What happens if it'll break again in 6 months ? 😐 What will I do ? keep sending it to them 'till I run out of warranty ? IT'S NOT MY FAULT THAT IT'S FAULTY ! ( IF it were, I would of paid for the service )

Another thing is that when this stuff happens, I'm without a home computer for 5 days + and loose time tryin' to figure out what's wrong 😐 WTH ! I GET MY MONEY USING IT (programmer stuff) ! WITHOUT IT, NO MONEY FOR ME !

*BOO* SONY !!!

profile.country.en_GB.title
Vampire777
Visitor

Yeah, I have the same damn problem,  bought Vaio VPCEB47GM, and the other day it blowed my head... I think all the Vaio's have that problem...     I've tried everything, but nathing gave the result...   I've been thinkin', maybe it's because of a BIOS?

profile.country.en_GB.title
bgizzle
Visitor

thanks for the solution kidawesome, it worked for me! I was only having a problem with the left click button, not the touchpad, the problem was it wouldn't click unless I pressed hard on the left side of it. As soon as I reinstalled it went back to working normally, thanks again!