Join now - be part of our community!

Connection Tablet - TV

SOLVED
profile.country.es_ES.title
Luk000
Visitor

Connection Tablet - TV

Hello,

I just got a Sony Tablet S3 and I discoverd this website. Probably next month I'll buy a new TV and i'd like to be able to connect it with my tablet. But actually I'm a bit confused about what should I look for.

Is the tablet only compatible with a television from Sony? or with all the TVs with wifi? Whta about the Media Player from Sony, is it worthy?

Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

what bennybunchee says.

+ if you go for a sony model: you want a Sony TV model from last year or this year - these are fully compatible regarding DLNA: not only allowing to connect to a mediaserver, but also allowing 'to be trowed at'.

+ Same goes for other brands of 'connected' TV's with DLNA compatibility: go for a recent model to get best compatibility.

+ Be prepared to install other DLNA-serving / throwing apps from the Market, besides the ones that are native on the tablet, to take full usage of 'throwing' and 'serving' via DLNA protocols from your storage and streamed-content on the web. You'll find plenty of post in this forum advicing on apps software

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.fr_BE.title
bennybuche
New

Hi Luk000,

When you write Sony Tablet S3, do you mean Sony Tablet S 3G?

Whatever, you should be able to throw music and video content to (almost) any DLNA-compatible TV (or pc) connected to your home network, via wifi or wired. I have a Sony KDL46-HX800 and it works fine... I didn't try with another brand so far, sorry for that. I don't own a SMP, so I can't tell more about it, sorry again...

profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

what bennybunchee says.

+ if you go for a sony model: you want a Sony TV model from last year or this year - these are fully compatible regarding DLNA: not only allowing to connect to a mediaserver, but also allowing 'to be trowed at'.

+ Same goes for other brands of 'connected' TV's with DLNA compatibility: go for a recent model to get best compatibility.

+ Be prepared to install other DLNA-serving / throwing apps from the Market, besides the ones that are native on the tablet, to take full usage of 'throwing' and 'serving' via DLNA protocols from your storage and streamed-content on the web. You'll find plenty of post in this forum advicing on apps software