Join now - be part of our community!

Email Settings

profile.country.en_GB.title
Keithw7890
Visitor

Email Settings

Hello, I hope someone can help me. I have set up my Tablet to do Gmail and my work Exchange server mail, I cannot get it to do TalkTalk. The problem looks like it its with the outgoing server address and or port setting. I use a Three MiFi router and I have tried many many options!! to no avail! Can anyone help?

Keith

5 REPLIES 5
paul-87
Visitor

Hi Keith,

I also have email issues, don't think i can help with the talk talk issue, but can you tell me how you connected to your exchange server please? gmail was a breeze, but the exchange set up doesn't like what i'm doing. any ideas..?

cheers, Paul

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Have you ever used a mobile device with "mifi" or wifi hotspot products before?

I have a webmail account and everything was easy to configure when I initially set it up on my iPod Touch apart from the outgoing server. After millions of attempts, I gave up. Came back to it recently and my mail service provider had to change my mailbox type and it worked. Now have it up and running as an IMAP/SMTP mail service.

I would recommend having a look on their site for a tutorial on how to set up mail on mobile devices and see what you can find.

tpb1978
Visitor

Hi Keith

Did you manage to solve your talktalk email problem.

I have the same problem with outgoing server.

Thanks

Tom

Keithw7890
Visitor

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry but I have made no further progress with this. I've looked at so many help pages but I've found nothing that works. I'm slowly migrating away from TalkTalk as a result.

I have also never been able to send to TalkTalk from Outlook. Using webmail on the tablet does not work either I can only think it is a TalkTalk problem.

Keith

Keithw7890
Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for your help, I have tried all the things you suggested and I do have other devices that connect to the MiFi with no problems. I think its a TalkTalk thing but regrettably I cannot contact them as the account belongs to  my exwife!!