Join now - be part of our community!

how do I watch avi movies on my tablet.....and listen to. wma music

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
coreycrb
Visitor

how do I watch avi movies on my tablet.....and listen to. wma music

im having trouble watching .avi  movies .....format not recognize or play .wma music

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

I have popped some WMA files on and the ones which do not play have been ripped from my CD collection with DRM/copy protection. All the ones that play, do not have that so best thing to do is make sure the music you have transferred has been done without copy protection. This will mean reimporting a CD or a song again after you have disable the selection through the rip program. Maybe have a look on the Android Market for another player which supports WMA with DRM.

As for playing AVI's, the Tablet does not directly support it. Your best option is having a look for an AVI player through the Android Market but the one that I find that plays nearly everything is Mobo Player. You may lose functionality such as throw when doing this as not all app's will support it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

I have popped some WMA files on and the ones which do not play have been ripped from my CD collection with DRM/copy protection. All the ones that play, do not have that so best thing to do is make sure the music you have transferred has been done without copy protection. This will mean reimporting a CD or a song again after you have disable the selection through the rip program. Maybe have a look on the Android Market for another player which supports WMA with DRM.

As for playing AVI's, the Tablet does not directly support it. Your best option is having a look for an AVI player through the Android Market but the one that I find that plays nearly everything is Mobo Player. You may lose functionality such as throw when doing this as not all app's will support it.

profile.country.it_IT.title
brorm2tsmac
Visitor

From here:

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Sony-Tablet-S_id5450

we can learn that Sony Tablet S supports playing the video and audio files in these formats:

Resolution: 1280 x 800 pixels

Music Supports: MP3, AAC, FLAC, WMA, WAV, OGG, MIDI

Video Playback: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, WMV

YouTube player: Yes

So we can make sure that AVI is not supported by Tablet S. However, Tablet S supports playing WMA music. So I am not sure why you couldn't listen to your WMA music on Tablet S.

If you want to watch AVI movies on your Tablet S, I suggest you use a Tablet S video converter program such as Brorsoft Video Converter to convert your AVI videos to MPEG 4 or H.264 MP4 with 1280 x 800 video resolution. But the 1280x720 video size is recommended here, which can help you remove black  borders from the playing videos on Sony Tablet S due to its active menu-bars.

Hope above information could be useful to you.

Regards,

Bejanman Carol