Join now - be part of our community!

Messaging????

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
bipopboopyblop
Visitor

Messaging????

Can someone tell me what messaging is all about on the tablet and how does it differ from email?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

bipopboopyblop wrote:

It just says 'messaging, and has a green smiley face next to it. It hasn't any other infor,ation on what it is. It was preloaded. I assume you need to be in a wireless network to use it and as I said, how does it differ from email? Is it just that it's instantaneous and will it only go to others on the same system???

Hi,

could you let us know what model Tablet do you have please.?

Could the messaging app have been installed as part of another app that you installed.?

It's hard to give information on what exactly Messaging is as none of seem to even know what it is ourselves..:smileyconfused:

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

Assume you're referring to google talk, well its instant messaging. You send them a message they get it straight away.

Works very well

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Can someone tell me what messaging is all about on the tablet and how does it differ from email?

Hi bipopboopyblop,

you'll need to be a bit more specific please, are you referring to a preinstalled app or one that you have downloaded..:smileyconfused:

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Really odd since I do not see this either. :slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

bipopboopyblop wrote:

It just says 'messaging, and has a green smiley face next to it. It hasn't any other infor,ation on what it is. It was preloaded. I assume you need to be in a wireless network to use it and as I said, how does it differ from email? Is it just that it's instantaneous and will it only go to others on the same system???

Hi,

could you let us know what model Tablet do you have please.?

Could the messaging app have been installed as part of another app that you installed.?

It's hard to give information on what exactly Messaging is as none of seem to even know what it is ourselves..:smileyconfused:

bipopboopyblop
Visitor

bipopboopyblop
Visitor

It's a tablet s. the 3G version. Could it have been loaded when I set up the email which is google mail? I've tried looking for an 'about' page which with windows shows exactly what it is but with no luck.

aga2k3
Visitor

its for text messages (sms) when you have a sim card inserted