Join now - be part of our community!

missing universal remote app

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
magicmerlyn
New

missing universal remote app

Hi,the universal remote control and other preloaded apps have disappeared. Factory reset doesn't bring them back. Is it just my machine or is anyone else having this problem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
magicmerlyn
New

Hi all, can now state that sony has now requested return of my tablet to reinstate missing apps. Looks like this will not be resolved simply with a system update.

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

Anyone with a similar problem should contact Technical support- details can be found via the support tab at the top of the web page..

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

This has been reported a couple of times now, there are others with this problem. No fix it yourself solution.

My advice: Contact Sony Support.

see also: https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/1244080#1244080

profile.country.GB.title
magicmerlyn
New

Hi thanks for that,i have been in contact with sony support, not getting any answers, now I know its not just me I can apply more leverage.

profile.country.en_GB.title
bedrek
Visitor

Hi,

I've also reported the problem, the only answer I get is do a hard reset.

My 2 Week Tablet has now no Sony applications.

I've tried both the US and UK for assistance and they both offer a hard reset.

Given that the recovery information stored on the device doesn't contain the Sony applications post an OTA upgrade I'm getting rather frustrated.

I've tried to call the support line but you need a pre existing case number. Not quiet as this website describes.

So all in all a very poor show by Sony. Anyone know how this problem will be fixed?

Two options I'm guessing, a; back to Sony for a reimage b; Sony work on making the applications available on the play store in some way.

Phone Support

For post sale product support, you can call us on :0870 240 2408

Our call centres are open   : Monday-Friday 09:00-18:00 (local time)

Bank Holidays :our contact centre is closed on national bank holidays

profile.country.GB.title
magicmerlyn
New

Hi bedrek, I have managed to get hold of sony support, the problem was caused by the last update 4.0.3(6b) Sony engineers are apparently working on a fix! The best way to raise yourcase is to email sony support in the first instance, in the about tablet in settings you will find serial number, android edition, kernel, etc if you include this in email plus list of missing apps you may cut down on the number of emails.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

There has been a few threads on this subject now, the missing universal  remote problem has been escalated to Sony support, if & as soon as  we get a reply will update this thread..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

magicmerlyn wrote:

Hi all, can now state that sony has now requested return of my tablet to reinstate missing apps. Looks like this will not be resolved simply with a system update.

Thanks for the update magicmerlyn..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi magicmerlyn,

hopefully you should be recieving your Tablet back soon..:smileywink:

profile.country.nl_NL.title
Zerokewl

I would go nuts if i updated to jellybean for example then lost remote app.

My life depends on it i have to many remotes laying around lol.

profile.country.GB.title
magicmerlyn
New

the irony would not be wasted. If jelly bean comes along might wait for others to go first ,or not do it and buy the z for out and about.