Visitor

music unlimited only gives 30 seconds of play

use of the site is the worst ive come across

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
tobarre32
New

After all the rigmarole with trying to access the Music Unlimited freebie it transpires that I cant follow basic instructions.  When on the home page you click channels, ensure the "genre" button is selected (I must have been on Premier) & hey presto!  My apologies to everyone & thanks to customer services & of course Thalamus here.  Embarrassing really.  :dizzy:

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi toharri4963,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

tobarre32
New

Hi Thalamus,

I am having the same issue with only getting 30 secs play on my tablet.  I think somehow I have started my free trial without activating my tablet in my account as it is showing no devices activated.  The trouble is I cannot find out how to acitvate my tablet retrospectively.  I have logged into account management but the activation option just isn't there.   Any help??  Thnaks, Tommy.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi toharri4963 & tobarre32,

hopefully someone should be in contact with you soon to assist in resolving your music unlimited problem..

Could you please update the thread once this has happened..

Thanks

pavr27
Visitor

i also have this problem. i registered my device at sony.co.uk/unlimited/tablet, downloaded music unlimited 180, but only get 30secs play. i assume i am eligable for full.tracks for 180 days?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi pavr27,

if you contact support they should be able to help resolve your Music Unlimited problem..

Click the following link for support contact details

pavr27
Visitor

This is the response I got from Sony, whichj, needless to say, is very unhelpfull:

"Thank you for contacting us.

I understand that you can only play tracks for 30 seconds.

Please be informed that you can play full tracks from the Channel selection such as ( Pop, Jazz and Blues etc).

If you are selecting single track then you will only play it for 30 seconds, if you wish to access full playback of a single track then you would need to have a premium account to listen to any and all tracks.

Please note that the 180 days trail will not be valid in case if you upgraded to premium account."

My understanding was that purchase of the tablet over Christmas came with free media such as 5 free games, 5 free movies (or something, can't remember) and 180 days unlimeted access to music unlimited.

Therefore I was expecting to be able to access full tracks via music unlimited, and not be restricted to 30 seconds.

Is my understanding incorrect?

tobarre32
New

Yes you are correct but only on the channels.  Many people appear to be having the same issue.  Customer services tried to contact me yesterday by phone to resolve my issue but had wrong number!  Hopefully they will try again today.  I will update post should they do so.  Tommy

tobarre32
New

After all the rigmarole with trying to access the Music Unlimited freebie it transpires that I cant follow basic instructions.  When on the home page you click channels, ensure the "genre" button is selected (I must have been on Premier) & hey presto!  My apologies to everyone & thanks to customer services & of course Thalamus here.  Embarrassing really.  :dizzy:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Glad you've solved the 30 second problem & thanks for taking the time to post the solution..:smileyhappy: