Join now - be part of our community!

PS games in regions without the Downloads

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IE.title
Jackel1989
Visitor

PS games in regions without the Downloads

So I am thinking of picking up the tablet S on Friday. But before I do I wanted to ask

On the page it says that the downloads for the Ps store are not available in the Repbulic of Ireland (thats me :smileygrin:) So I was wondering if I could use the SD card from my PSP to put the games onto it. I have Both Final Fantasy 7 and 9 on there and would like to play them on the tablet.

Just curious as to if this would work/if anyone has found away around the region lock.

Tags (5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
smellyonion
New

no wont work .the ps store on  tablet and phones is not the same on psp/3. the games that work on the tablet are specialy encoded for android and there are only 10 ps1 games currently on the tablet  store. have to wait and see if they make the store universal with playstation but doubt it considering they have had a year with the xperia play to do this.

although you will find that these ps1 games are a nightmare with touchscreen to play. the android games are much better and you can get these in any region. look at shadowgun,dungeondefenders ,  simcity, loads of others too.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
smellyonion
New

no wont work .the ps store on  tablet and phones is not the same on psp/3. the games that work on the tablet are specialy encoded for android and there are only 10 ps1 games currently on the tablet  store. have to wait and see if they make the store universal with playstation but doubt it considering they have had a year with the xperia play to do this.

although you will find that these ps1 games are a nightmare with touchscreen to play. the android games are much better and you can get these in any region. look at shadowgun,dungeondefenders ,  simcity, loads of others too.