Join now - be part of our community!

remote control for Sony DVD/PVR

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
R7chardw
Visitor

remote control for Sony DVD/PVR

like emtette70 I bought the tablet primarily as a universal remote control.

managed to set up most of the functionality of my Loewe CRT TV, and my Yamaha AV amp.

Bizarrely, the device that hasn't worked at all is my Sony DVD/PVR box (RDR HXD970) - there was only one control available under that category, and none of the buttons work.

My Revo Mondo internet radio has also been problematic, will have to try to get the remote to re-learn the codes.

Sony - any updates to get the HXD to work out of the box?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

R7chardw wrote:

Bizarrely, the device that hasn't worked at all is my Sony DVD/PVR box (RDR HXD970) - there was only one control available under that category, and none of the buttons work.

Hi R7chardw,

I'm not sure if there are plans to update the device database but I'll see if I can get an answer for you, can't promise anything though..

All I can suggest in the meantime is that you choose the Learn from a remote control option & see if setting your HXD manually offers any improvement in functionality..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
mpattenden
New

Daft response I realise but have you tried teaching the commands?

A little time consuming I know but it worked perfectly for my himedia box.

Regards

Padster

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

R7chardw wrote:

Hi R7chardw,

I'm not sure if there are plans to update the device database but I'll see if I can get an answer for you, can't promise anything though..

All I can suggest in the meantime is that you choose the Learn from a remote control option & see if setting your HXD manually offers any improvement in functionality..