Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Tablet P Reader App not great

profile.country.en_GB.title
giotecno1977
Visitor

Sony Tablet P Reader App not great

Hi people, i am one of the early adopters of the new Tablet P, I travel alot and needed something portable to organize and manage my work. I tend to read alot of articles and ebooks. I have many epub books which I used to read on many other devices. The Reader appp on the Tablet P is really poor, I managed to get 1 epub book to work and that was downloaded from Google books as a text. all my other titles dont work on the device but work on any other ebook reader on PC/Mac or mobile device. I event went to the lenghts of using a program called calibre to reformat the books but just says cannot open file. I am really dissapointed as the desktop version of reader opens all my ebooks but the tablet version quite frankly sucks.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

Just guessing here but your problem may relate to DRM protected books.

Calibre will not reformat book with DRM and that's why it gave the 'can't open file' message.

So on the basis that your books are protected, the Sony would need the same ADE ID in order to read them. Have you authorised the Sony P?

Message was edited by: sehuxle

Message was edited by: sehuxle

profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

you could try some other ePub reader apps from the Market. I'm interested to read here which one will perform best given the double screen of the Tablet P.

profile.country.en_GB.title
giotecno1977
Visitor

Surprisingly it seems the ebooks work only when placed in the download folder of the app. If you try and launch the books from anywhere else, such as dropbox, browser etc it doesnt wor. But at least it does now. Thank god for that :slight_smile: But sony needs to sort out a store for the uk  on Reader App.Thx for your input guys.