Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Tablet S, couple of questions

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
faithx

Sony Tablet S, couple of questions

A question from a friend:  "Can I pick your brain about the Sony tablet?  If I were to get the 3g version can I use a standard sim card from my phone in it to use the data I already pay for on my phone? Also can you use flash player with it? I used an ipad and was amazed at the amount of stuff I couldn't access with it!"

Cheers

Faith x

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mpattenden
New

I believe it takes a 'standard' sim not the smaller 'iphone 4' type - I'm sure I read that but have been unable to find where I read it and the manual doesn't really tell you!

That said I have to wonder about the 3G option - personally I decided against it as I spend 90% of the time in wi-fi range of some description. For the other 10% I have a 3 MyFi access point that can be used with any the many family data devices.

With regards to Flash works perfectly and if you so chose auto updates - never had any issue with flash although have seen it on my iphone4 and think it's a pain a definite plus for the Sony Tablet S.

Hope this helps

Padster

Message was edited by: mpattenden

Message was edited by: mpattenden - typo - doh!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.fr_BE.title
bennybuche
New

Flash player is available.

I don't know the sim card's dimensions, sorry...

mpattenden
New

I believe it takes a 'standard' sim not the smaller 'iphone 4' type - I'm sure I read that but have been unable to find where I read it and the manual doesn't really tell you!

That said I have to wonder about the 3G option - personally I decided against it as I spend 90% of the time in wi-fi range of some description. For the other 10% I have a 3 MyFi access point that can be used with any the many family data devices.

With regards to Flash works perfectly and if you so chose auto updates - never had any issue with flash although have seen it on my iphone4 and think it's a pain a definite plus for the Sony Tablet S.

Hope this helps

Padster

Message was edited by: mpattenden

Message was edited by: mpattenden - typo - doh!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

mpattenden wrote:

Padster is correct the Sim card used in the 3G Tablet is a standard Mini Sim

As to wether the sim from your friends phone will connect is a different matter..

Depending on the Phone your friend has they could try tethering - What is Tethering but check there are not additional network costs first..:smileywink:

faithx

cheers guys, as usual, you come up trumps :cool:

I'll pass this info on to my friend

Faith x

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

cheers guys, as usual, you come up trumps 

You're welcome Faith, will your friend be joining the forum.?

faithx

haha, could you imagine more midwives on here lol, it could get messy :wink:

Well if she does decide to get the tablet I will defo suggest it :cool: