Join now - be part of our community!

The native media player and gallery cannot access transferred files.

profile.country.en_GB.title
peter-dpm
Visitor

The native media player and gallery cannot access transferred files.

The native media player and gallery cannot access data transferred to

the removable storage . This is a limitation that I do not  understand . If have  media from another device I do not want to transfer it into internal memory first. The file manager  that I use "ASTRO " seems toknow that they  are  there so  why cannot Sony player be bothered to use them?.

This is totally frustrating and I would prefer to have known about this before and would not have bought it.

2 REPLIES 2
mpattenden
New

Peter,

This fact is well mentioned on this and many other forums. To be honest I don't find it an issue as you have already found there are many apps that work just fine my personal combo is file manager hd and mx player.

If you are new to the tablet a couple of other useful apps are advanced wifi lock and orientation control.

hth

Padster

Message was edited by: mpattenden

Message was edited by: mpattenden

peter-dpm
Visitor

Thank-you for your reply I will take a look at your suggested apps.

The point I am making is that I have no advantage from this change to the standard android solition that worked fine on  the  no name out of China and the viewtronic I tried . Also the man in the shop , they still exists ,gave no indication of any change to the file handling  and none in the Sony documentation .

Again what is the point of the  media  apps supplied not working with the unnecessary file system change ?