Join now - be part of our community!

Throw compatible devices

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
extrememonkey
Visitor

Throw compatible devices

Neither of my tv's are Sony nor Wifi enabled but I have a Sony Network Media player (SMP-N100) connected to my tv in the lounge and also a Western Digital TV Live connected to my tv in the bedroom.

My question is will I be able to 'throw' media from the Tablet S to either of these media players? Both are DLNA compatible.

Thanks in advance people

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gmacp12
Visitor

I've got a Sony n100 and have tried a hosy of DLNA media apps on my android tablet and phone (including Sony's own Network Audio Remote APP). The only constant being that I can only push music to the N100 (handy if you don't want tv on and have it connected to separate amp). The Sony seems to refuse all requests for picts and videos to be displayed. All our content is on NAS but n100 will accept music stored on tablet/phone itself. I use Twonky mobile app.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gmacp12
Visitor

I've got a Sony n100 and have tried a hosy of DLNA media apps on my android tablet and phone (including Sony's own Network Audio Remote APP). The only constant being that I can only push music to the N100 (handy if you don't want tv on and have it connected to separate amp). The Sony seems to refuse all requests for picts and videos to be displayed. All our content is on NAS but n100 will accept music stored on tablet/phone itself. I use Twonky mobile app.

profile.country.ru_RU.title
vzaichenko
Visitor

That's right - SMP-N100 supports DLNA for music only (it is written in its specification and it is really the case)...