Join now - be part of our community!

What PS3 games can the Sony Tablet S play??

profile.country.en_GB.title
RobBobBobRob
Visitor

What PS3 games can the Sony Tablet S play??

I was wondering what ps3 games can it play? Do you download games or slip the disc in? Mainly wondering weather it can play COD????????? THANKS........................................................:smileyconfused:

5 REPLIES 5
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Hi Rob

most likely due to it beomg a Tablet, PS3 titles will never come to this device. It will be PS1 and some PSP titles. We might see PS2 at max but I do not see the PS3 beong ported to any other device.

hope that helps

profile.country.nl_NL.title
Mahaco91
New

But i read it everywere can you explain? they say that the entertainment network will be launched at 10 october and the ps3 games somewere in december or something like that,

Dont mind my bad english xD.

Mahaco91
New

Example:

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/sony-tablet-s-receives-ps3-gaming-update-and-android-3-2-23-09-2011/

Sony Tablet S Receives PS3 Gaming Update And Android 3.2

If you own one of the newly launched Sony Tablet S devices you might be pleased to know that Sony is rolling out a new update for it that will take the tablet to Android 3.2 bringing with it a few new features as well.

The new update also rolls out the highly anciptated Sony PlayStation services which will enabled both the Sony Tablet S and Tablet P owners to play PS3 games directly on their tablets.

If you haven’t already received the update you can help it roll down to you by going to : Settings : About Tablet : System Updates

But, in the Help Guide it says:

Your tablet allows you to enjoy a variety of attractive, full-scale games titles. Those include classic first-generation PlayStation titles
that support PlayStation(R)Suite and titles that will also eventually support the PlayStation(R)Store that is planned to open in the
future. (PlayStation(R)Store support is tentative.)
Your tablet device is licensed as a tablet device through the PlayStation(R)Certified program.
Game titles from a variety of companies all over the world in addition to Sony can also be downloaded from the Android Market. You
can enjoy full-scale games on the large screen of a tablet device for a play experience different from that of smartphones.

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

As far are I could see, when I ran the update for 3.2, there was no indication of Playstation 3 support.  The only thing mentioned was about full screen scaling and that was it.

I do not see it being feasible especially if you have a P series or 16GB S series purely due to running  out of space quite easily.

I will have a look at some Sony websites rather than third party for the can's and cannot's. As much as third party websites say something, does not make it true. it could be a typo on their end

Mahaco91
New

well if you dont find anything then we just have to wait and see