Join now - be part of our community!

wi fi will not stay connected

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
lee2269
Visitor

wi fi will not stay connected

hi recently purchased a tablet s, i am struggling to keep it connected to any wifi. have done the updates, changed the wifi settings on my router multiple times, also signal seems lower on this device than any other. any ideas and or sony cusomer service, seems to be a lot of people mentioning this but no fix.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
aph485
Visitor

hello all, I accept this may be will not work for everyone, but as I have used this app on my htc desire annd having  had no problems in 18 months I decided to try this when I had problems with my tablet s wifi connection. It's  wifi analyser from farproc.  Touch wood I have suffered no problems  with wifi since I have added  this to my tab.  hope it works for you, good luck.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
to-tom
Visitor

I too have WiFi problems:

BT Router with BT Fon- it sticks at the 'obtaining WiFi address' stage, if I click on advanced it shows the correct MAC address but says the IP address is unobtainable. The suggested answer of switching off the security on the reuter is not possible for me as BT Fon is set by BT.

It has connected a couple of times, which shows it can connect!

I have emailed this problem to Sony directly and will advise of the outcome.....

Really want this to be resolved as the S1 is a wonderful product.....

Happy New Year

Tom

profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

In every update (3.2.1, 3.2.1 release 2), part of it has been fixes to the wifi stability.
The issue still is not completely solved.

On my tablet, the wifi tends to freeze after a random time of using it. I have no idea what causes it.

It no longer loads data, It does not allow to manually turn wifi off and on again anymore.
Only way to get the tablet wifi connect again is to shut it off - and turn back on.
No wifi-keep-awake app from Market can solve this one.

tobarre32
New

Updated to 3.2.1 r2 immediately upon opening it on Xmas day.  Wifi was great for a few days then gradially became less reliable until today when it just wouldn't connect.  The problem is definitely with the tablet as nothing has changed with my router.  Disabled security on my router & the tablet immediately connected.  Enabled the same security level again & the tablet reconnected no problem and has been so for about 4 hours now.  Have set the tablet to never disconnect.  Realise this will drain power but will turn it off when I leave home.  This is obviously just a work around and expect Sony to address this (apparently common) issue.  Hope this may help some of you guys, Tommy.

to-tom
Visitor

Only way I have found to make the BT Router work is to switch the router off at the mains and when switched back on the S1 connects for a few days. I do not disable the security!

IanIreland
New

I fnd I am having similar issues. I have a Vigor 2820 router that is stable for everything else. When I first got the Sony it connected OK.

Now it hangs on obtaining IP address.

The Vigor has WEP enabled and already has two other devices wirelessly connected with no problems, an IP camera and a Squeezbox media player.

I have a Netgear wireless access point that has no security turned on.

If I add this to my Network then the Sony connects straight away.

IanIreland
New

Today's update - I told the tablet to forget the wifi and then rescanned . I had to put the key in again but it connected and has done since

aph485
Visitor

hello all, I accept this may be will not work for everyone, but as I have used this app on my htc desire annd having  had no problems in 18 months I decided to try this when I had problems with my tablet s wifi connection. It's  wifi analyser from farproc.  Touch wood I have suffered no problems  with wifi since I have added  this to my tab.  hope it works for you, good luck.