Join now - be part of our community!

About xz3

dmarkovski
Visitor

About xz3

Hello members...

Want to ask you is it smart to buy xz3 phone now because is on sale now or should i move to another brand, how are you satisfied with it

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

That's up to you.

You see people complaining here.

You can reckon most of the people who have no problems don't post here.

All brands have their pros and cons.

My advice: go check other forums to see what's going on there like Samsung, Huawei, iPhone and others.

Pay attention on how people with problems are given assistance or not.

My experience with the machine XZ3 is positive (very)

dmarkovski
Visitor

Asking because the year of announced is 2018 that's two years old phone, btw all my life i use sony starting with x10 mini pro, Xperia neo, Xperia s, Xperia z1, Xperia z1 compact and now z5 compact.

If u already own it xz3 can u tell me is it too big to work the phone with one hand? 

Thanks and regards...

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Hi @dmarkovski 

XZ3 has a proper one-handed mode which is very good.

I have small hands and don't use it.

Instead I take it for granted that I cannot use it with one hand.

Therefore I'm heavily leaning on Google assistant for which I only have to use the fingerprint sensor. (which is very accurate)

There is the other option of side-sense.

I have used side-sense for a while and it's a good instrument once you're used to it.

Backdraw of side-sense is the learning curve and more imortant the fact that it only works on the naked phone without cover.

The phone without cover is quite slippery in my small hands.

Hope this can help in your decision.

PS

I do not own the Xperia XZ3 anymore, I have a Xperia 1

This one fits small hands better and the screen format is really great.

I have had Xperia 5 in my hands and if I would choose today I would definitly go for Xperia 5.

profile.country.GB.title
ROBYER1

I wouldn't recommend buying one right now, bought a brand new one in August, still cost a fair bit.

I rely on hands-free when driving and since updating the phone to Android 10 + software repairing and factory resetting it, I cannot get the OK / Hey Google Assistant Voice Match to work. So the only way to use voice control while driving is to hold the home button or when using Google maps I have to reach over the steering wheel to press the microphone button at the top right (which I haven't actually done while driving because that is illegal).

See more about this problem here in my thread link below, I am kicking off to Sony support about this issue as it's pre-installed software in the latest update for the phone, they have just left it dead in the water.

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/xz-series/xz3-android-10-unable-to-turn-on-hey-ok-google-quot-someth...