Join now - be part of our community!

disappearing emails

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
nosboh25
Visitor

disappearing emails

hello

I've set up an email account (pop3) which seems fine but I'm not  getting many emails through and after a while they disappear from my inbox completely .

the mail server is a mail.----------.co.uk account

what am i doing wrong ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

did you have a look at your e-mail program settings on your main device & see if setting it to  something like Leave a copy of messages on the server & see if that  helps..:smileyconfused:

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi nosboh25,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Do you collect your emails on more than one device.?

It's difficult to know exactly what's happening but I suspect that when you access the email on one device they are being marked as read on the server so may not be downloading to your tablet.

Also if you delete the email on your laptop for example then if your tablet is set up as IMAP then the email will dissappear from the tablets inbox..

Have a look at your mail settings on your main device & set them to something like Leave a copy of messages on the server & see if that helps..

nosboh25
Visitor

thanks for the reply.

i collect emails to iphone and desktop .

the emails appear on my tablet but after a while they vanish. you right that it might be linked to my desktop pc however my iphone doesn't suffer the same problems. tablet is set to a pop3 account.

it appears that I might get them on the tablet first but as soon as i access them on the desktop it's deleting them on the tablet

very frustrating .

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

did you have a look at your e-mail program settings on your main device & see if setting it to  something like Leave a copy of messages on the server & see if that  helps..:smileyconfused:

deshepp57
Visitor

I have the exact same problem. Sometimes they disappear before I get the chance to read them!

And even though I have set it up NOT to delete emails from the server, it still does!

If anyone has any idea why this is happening and can give me a fix for it, it would be much appreciated.

Maybe it's a bug?

siddys
Visitor

I have the same issue here, when I get an email it appears and I can  read it, however  when  I go back to the email app it deletes the email , it happens everytime to all emails? and has happened since I have had the tablet

I suspect its not an issue with  the stock mail app, as I installed K9 mail app and  seemed  to get the same result ?

please someone help!

Message was edited by: siddys

Message was edited by: siddys

ryathom
New

As already said, make sure you are not downloading them using pop3 as usually that will taske them off the host server. instead use imap. I had a similar issue when I set mine up like that accidentally originally. imap will let you view whatever is on the server until it is deleted or downloaded using a pop account. It's not necesary to 'leave a copy on the server' as such with imap as far as I understand, as it does that by default.

siddys
Visitor

many thanks Ryathom, all sorted :slight_smile:

deshepp57
Visitor

Many thanks ryathom, switched to IMAP and problem is solved!

:smileygrin: